Dear God Will Someone Please Cancel Ironside?

Discussion in 'Cancel Wish List' started by AdamSki, Oct 2, 2013.

1. AdamSki

AdamSki Member

cancel-ironside.jpg
    The concept is incredibly bad, the acting doesn't look much better (see trailer/clip below) and it reeks of forced lessons. i.e. "you can do anything or be anything no matter your situation".

There's only one thing I hate more than tough cop shows ala Steven Seagal and that's a tough cop show where the cop is obviously not tough and is trying too hard. Please make it stop NBC, you're embarrassing yourself!
  2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect Member

I think the show is somewhat unintentionally funny. My opinion is just based on the trailer and I haven't seen the show itself, so it may just be bad and not amusingly bad.
  3. TPhoenix

TPhoenix New Member

There are cop shows and then there are shows where a couple of actors need to hustle a few bucks. I think this is one of those cases that apply to the latter. I haven't seen this show either, but that trailer looks far from anything amusing, let alone like anything unintentionally funny. Like I said, I haven't seen the show and I'm just going off what the trailer looks like.
  4. AdamSki

AdamSki Member

Oh it's definitely amusingly bad. That scene where he gets in the car, pretends to pull his dead legs in and hits that guy... I couldn't help but laugh. Then sadness came over me.
  5. AdamSki

AdamSki Member

6. justusforus

justusforus Member

After I originally saw the thread, I watched an episode and did not think it was so bad. Blair Underwood has been a good actor in other series and I did not find it overly preachy. I guess we all have our own tastes and I see that it got cancelled above. Well guess it goes into a different part of the forum now.
  7. dinoballet

dinoballet New Member

When I saw the thread title, I was wondering why anyone would post about a show that's been canceled for YEARS. Shows how much I've been paying attention, lol, thinking about the one with Raymond Burr instead of this new modern version. I think this is the first time I've heard it mentioned, actually.
  8. isabbbela

isabbbela New Member

That is a bad show, huh? I coudn't finish episode 1. Some other episode was on tv the other day and I watched a few minutes of it... still pretty bad! I don't know how shows like that still pass through the producers and get on air, when they know it's not going to be a hit.